Membership in Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union means co-ownership in one of the strongest credit unions in the country.
An NGFCU savings account, more commonly known within credit unions as a Regular Share Account, is a federally insured, dividend-paying account that allows members to earn dividends while permitting immediate access to funds. The account may be opened with a minimum $5 deposit, and added to or withdrawn from as the member chooses. In addition, the Regular Share Account may be used to provide overdraft protection for checking accounts.
When you join Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union, you must open a Regular Share Account to begin your lifetime membership. You can open as many savings accounts as you wish.
Here are some features of the Regular Share (Savings) Account:
- Minimum opening deposit of $5
- Direct Deposit from most employers and government checks
- Direct deposit of social security and most retirement checks
- Your accumulated funds on deposit in the Credit Union are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the NCUA
- Allow unlimited free over-the-counter withdrawals per month per suffix when total shares are $1,000 or more or there is an outstanding loan balance on the account. (When this minimum requirement is not met, 5 free over-the-counter withdrawals per month per account.) See Schedule of Fees.
- May be opened as a:
- Gift to Minors Account
- Youth Account
- Trustee Account
- Business Account
- Company-Sponsored Club Account