CheckingSavingsMoney MarketTerm SavingsFor YOUthHoliday ClubIRAs
AutoHomeHELOCCredit CardsPersonal Line of CreditPersonal Signature/Bill ConsolidationRecreational VehiclesSavings SecuredStudent Loan
Auto and HomeLoan ProtectionDental and VisionAD&DGAPMBPMyInsuranceInfo
NGFCU Wealth Management
Loan RatesSavings Rates
Join NowOnline BankingDirect DepositZelle®ATM and Debit CardOverdraft ProtectionAutomatic Funds TransferWire TransferCredit & Debit Card AlertsNCUA Insurance (NCUSIF)Auto Buying ServicesCall 24Need Help


Home > Save > For YOUth > UTMA
Home > Save > For YOUth > UTMA

Saving for Your Child’s Future With an UTMA Account

A Uniform Transfer to Minor (UTMA) account is similar to typical savings accounts, with the exception of the requirement for an adult that acts as the custodian of the account. The custodian can deposit or withdraw funds into an UTMA account, but the minor cannot access the funds. The custodian manages the account for the child until they reach adult age, either 18 or 21 depending on the state. These accounts are perfect for parents, grandparents or other interested parties to set up an account for the benefit of a child.

Here are just a few of the benefits for UTMA account holders:

Open a UTMA by filling out the form, and bring it into a branch, fax, or mail.

Mail: Attn: MSC,  PO Box 47009, Gardena CA, 90247

Fax: 310.323.7012


Important Numbers

Call Toll Free
800-633-2848 (available 24/7)

Credit Card Cardholder Services:
800-633-2848 (available 24/7)

Debit Card Fraud Center:
International Lost or Stolen Card: 727-227-9012

After hours Lost or Stolen Card: 800-754-4128

Members traveling or who reside outside of the US: 727-227-2447

Routing #322276088