Membership in Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union means co-ownership in one of the strongest credit unions in the country.
An NGFCU Money Market account is a liquid savings account that earns higher dividends than a Regular Share Account. You can use the Money Market account to deposit investment proceeds or dividends; proceeds from the sale of a house or securities, or from an inheritance; or to accumulate money for your child's education, your retirement, or special vacations. The Money Market account combines high money market rates with unparalleled safety. You have ready access to funds in this account.
All funds on deposit in the Credit Union, including money in an NGFCU Money Market savings account, are insured to at least $250,000.
The following features apply to the NGFCU Money Market account:
- Minimum opening deposit of $2,500; no minimum for additional deposits and transfers
- Minimum average daily balance of $2,500 to receive the highest dividend return
- Dividends are calculated on the average daily balance and are paid monthly
- Your accumulated funds on deposit in the Credit Union are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the NCUA
- No fees and no withdrawal penalties
- May be set up to provide overdraft protection for your Share Draft (checking) account - subject to Reg D limitations
- Reg D limits the number of electronic withdrawals (overdraft transfers) or checks to six per month
- Accessible for balance inquiries and transfers through Call 24, the_Max! eBranch and through Norteller ATMs
The NGFCU Money Market Account should not be confused with a money market mutual fund, or money fund, that carries no NCUA insurance and is a collection of short-term debt investments held by a mutual fund.