Protect yourself from credit card fraud
Your NGFCU credit card comes with an alert system to help you keep track of your account activity anytime, anywhere. By receiving alerts on your NGFCU credit card activity through text messages, you can detect possible fraud within seconds. Cardholders are responsible for reporting any suspicious or fraudulent activity to the 24-hour cardholder service number on the back of your card.
Monitor suspicious activity
When you register for free credit card fraud alerts, you can choose to receive texts from these types of suspicious activity:
- Declined transactions
- Transactions made over the phone, online or by mail
- Transactions made at gas stations
- Transactions exceeding a specific dollar amount
- Transactions made outside of the United States
Register your card for alerts today
It’s easy to register for credit card fraud alerts. Just follow these steps:
- Have your NGFCU credit card available
- Log in to NGFCU online banking
- At the bottom of the Account Summary page, under Credit Cards, click on View Statements
- Click on Communications/Fraud Alerts
- Click on Submit, then on Register Here
- Enter your mobile phone number, confirm it and enter your card number
- Click on Submit
- Read and check the box to accept the Terms and Conditions
After registering your card, you’ll receive a text message on your mobile phone. Reply “YES” to confirm receipt of the message.
To register your card by phone, call NGFCU at 800-633-2848.