Membership in Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union means co-ownership in one of the strongest credit unions in the country.
Term Savings Accounts allow members to invest for longer terms and receive higher dividends than on regular savings or the money market accounts. Members have the option of opening NGFCU Term Accounts for 6 and 30 months, and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 years with a minimum deposit of $2,500. The dividend rate is established at the time the account is opened and remains in effect for the duration of the term.
Members qualify for even higher dividends with a bonus rate when the account is opened with at least $40,000. Dividends are paid monthly and may be compounded, transferred to another account, or mailed to the member. Term Accounts may be used as collateral for loans, or the principal may be reduced with penalties applied only on the amount removed.
Term Accounts offer you a variety of benefits:
- Your accumulated funds on deposit in the Credit Union are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the NCUA
- Dividends paid monthly or at maturity
- Minimum opening deposit of $2,500
- Minimum opening deposit for Bonus Term Accounts: $40,000
- Higher balance yields higher return
- Choice of maturity dates 6 or 30 months, and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 years
- Dividends may be:
- Transferred to savings, checking or money market accounts
- Withdrawn without penalty at maturity
- Automatically mailed monthly
- Compounded in the Term Account
- Use funds as collateral on loans
- Early withdrawal will result in a penalty that could deplete original principal amounts--see Terms and Conditions for details.