Membership in Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union means co-ownership in one of the strongest credit unions in the country.
The NGFCU Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) with its generous $650 fee allowance* provides a variety of flexible options to help with home improvements, auto purchases, college education, bill consolidation, weddings, and any number of other significant events that occur in daily living. Your home and a NGFCU HELOC can provide lower costs and tax deductibility† for virtually every borrowing need.
The HELOC provides a revolving line of credit up to $250,000, secured by home equity. Members accrue interest only on the amount of pre-approved funds used. The HELOC has one of the lowest rates available and a variable rate cap of 3% per year and 6% for the life of the loan.
Members can elect a very low fixed rate on 60% of the HELOC approved limit. See more details below.
Not a member yet? Join Online Today!
Qualifying properties include owner-occupied, 1 to 4 units in Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C. Subject to credit worthiness, income and equity verification.
NGFCU HELOC offers cash for any purpose:
- Home improvement
- Autos, trucks, boats, and RVs
- Special vacations
- Unique investment opportunities
- Help building your business
- College tuition
- Consolidate monthly payments
- Pay medical bills
- Meet unexpected obligations
and offers a variety of benefits to members:
- A generous $650 fee allowance* to cover application fees and closing costs
- Revolving line of credit up to $250,000 based on the equity (minimum $25,000 revolving line)
- 10 year draw period
- Low minimum monthly payment towards principal and interest (NGFCU does not offer an interest-only repayment option.)
- No prepayment penalty
- No yearly "maintenance" fee
- Up to 15 year repayment term
- Low variable rate
- Maximum rate increase cap of 3 percentage points per year and 6 percentage points for the life of the loan
- Interest may be tax deductible; consult your tax advisor for actual deductibility
- Loan to value ratio up to 80% less the balance of the 1st Trust Deed
- Owner occupied 1 to 4 units
Elect a very low fixed rate:
- Up to 60% of approved limit
- Minimum draw $10,000 per disbursement
- Up to three (3) separate fixed rate disbursements (no add-ons)
- Rate determined on the 5th of each month
- Fixed advances must have a maturity date on or before the maturity date of the master HELOC