Membership in Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union means co-ownership in one of the strongest credit unions in the country.
Overdraft protection gives you the added peace of mind and confidence knowing your checks will be paid in the event there are insufficient funds in your Share Draft account to cover a check. Overdraft protection will automatically transfer funds from your NGFCU MoneyMaster Line of Credit, savings account, or money market account with no transfer fee. The transfer is documented on your monthly statement, and you can use Call 24 or the_Max! eBranch anytime to check account balances.
Available to all members with funds available in another share account or in a MoneyMaster Line of Credit.
Overdraft protection offers a variety of beneficial features:
- Provides protection from the fees and inconvenience associated with NSF checks.
- Automatically transfers funds to cover overdrafts from your choice of accounts
- MoneyMaster line of credit
- Savings account
- Money Market account
- Use up to four accounts as overdraft sources
- Transfer is fee-free; however interest accrues on MoneyMaster Line of Credit on the amounts advanced.
- Transfers reported on statement.
- Fund transfer information available anytime on Call-24 or the_Max! eBranch
Available funds in the accounts you choose or the MoneyMaster Line of Credit.
- Transfers from loans occur in $50 increments and from savings (share) accounts in $200 increments.
- Regulation D stipulates that there is a maximum of six (6) transfers per month from each savings overdraft source. This includes transfers from your Regular Share or Money Market Accounts using Call 24 and the_Max! eBranch, and pre-authorized transfers. When the maximum of six transfers has been reached in a calendar month, no additional overdraft transfers will be processed from the Regular Share or Money Market Accounts.
To set up overdraft protection automatic transfers from an existing account, phone the Call Center at 800-633-2848 (M-F, 5 a.m. - 6 p.m. Pacific) or log onto the_Max! eBranch, click the Services tab and find Overdraft Protection in the left navigation menu.
Courtesy Pay helps protect you from the unpaid return of non-sufficient items presented on your Checking account and allows you to take withdrawals using your ATM or Visa ATM/Check card even when funds are not available.
Courtesy Pay for checks and ACH transactions
Courtesy Pay for checks and ACH transactions is automatically available to all members with a share draft (checking) account in "good standing" that has been open for at least 60 days, receives regular deposits sufficient to cover transactions, has a positive balance at least once every thirty days or less, and has no legal orders outstanding against it.
Courtesy Pay for Debit and ATM card transactions -
Courtesy Pay for everyday debit and ATM card transactions requires that you opt-in. If you do not opt-in to Courtesy Pay or have another type of overdraft protection established, and you do not have sufficient funds on deposit for a withdrawal at an ATM, or for a debit or ATM card purchase transaction, the transaction will be denied.
To opt-in for Courtesy Pay on debit and ATM transactions, call a Share Services Representative at 800-633-2848 x4856, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Pacific) or log into the_Max! eBranch and send a secure e-mail telling us that you would like to opt-in for Courtesy Pay on everyday Debit Card and ATM transactions. You can also download, print and mail a Courtesy Pay Opt-In form or fax it to the Credit Union at 310-354-3038.
Courtesy Pay features:
- Transactions will be paid even when sufficient funds are not available.
- Non-sufficient transactions will be paid up to a limit of $500 including Courtesy Pay fees
- $20 Courtesy Pay fee for each non-sufficient transaction paid
- Non-sufficient transactions paid and fees shown on statements
- Checking account must be open for at least 60 days
- Regular checking account deposits sufficient to cover transactions
- Checking account must be brought to a positive balance at least once every 30 days or less
- No legal order outstanding on the account